Friday, June 11, 2010

Turn your thought processes around

j1


While having a conversation about the weather, and that there was an 80% chance a rain today, someone piped up with, "But there's a 20% chance of sunshine". It suddenly struck me, for the first time, that there's an 80% chance of me being dead in 2012. Scary! Isn't it weird how the mind works? Yes, I know the statistics. But to think about them in that reverse way seemed so much scarier. If I hear that there's an 80% chance of rain I will grab my umbrella. I want to turn my thought processes around, and be like the person who claims, "But there's a 20% chance of sunshine, of life!"

~ You can see the explanation behind this project by going here or see the all posts in this category by going here. ~

6 comments:

  1. Love this thought Lisa!!! It's in how we look at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely thought Lisa .. it is all about the perspective !

    ReplyDelete
  3. and you're doing a wonderful job of turning those thoughts around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's tough as I tend to look at the rain and then to the flood and then to my drowning...but I like your idea for turning things around..I need to do that more on a daily basis..Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. And it's ALL about that 20%, isn't it? Plan your life as if you will LIVE it until the end; no matter when that comes because we don't get to chose. That is a beautiful photo, such a lovely texture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the idea of turning things around too, you are such a positive power in the blogosphere

    ReplyDelete