Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Left Foot, Right Foot

s2


The day before an oncologist visit is always a trying time! Worry that I won't ask the right questions, or he won't order the correct tests, that something, some evil, bad cell, will be overlooked and left to grow. I am on edge all day.

~ You can see the explanation behind this project by going here or see the all posts in this category by going here. ~

s1


For many of my entries in this project I am going with whatever I find interesting to take a photo of and then accessing the emotions I can tie into it. But today, my emotion was nervousness, and I had to try to depict it. Once I came up with the idea I had to find a broken piece of glass and figure out how to take my own foot with it. I finally remembered that there were a few beer bottles in the recycling container, then had to figure how to break one without it scattering everywhere, lol. I put it in a box from a coffee bean grinder and beat it on the garage floor, and believe it or not it was harder to break than I thought it would be. So next I hit the box on a hammer - that worked. Now to find a poking up shard, yeah, good luck. But I managed.

Oh, and I thought about going and cleaning my feet and painting my nails, but I thought a messy foot would be better. . .

19 comments:

  1. You are such an inspiring lady, Lisa...dirty feet, unpainted toenails and all!! I would bet that all of the thought and finds going into this post actually helped get out a little bit of that nervousness throughout the day. It is so hard for us, the frail beings we are, not to worry, not to be anxious...even though we know that there really is no place for it in our lives. Lord, fill us up with Your purity, Your surety and Trust to know that Your Words are a promise for us...."For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

    Blessings to you as you wait...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos fit perfect.
    I wish you all the Best and the Best Doc you can get!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever shots. And sending good thoughts your way Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very expressive photos !
    Love them !
    Wish you all good luck today !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creative indeed Lisa! I wish you all the best at your appointment!! I will be thinking of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How very creative...it does tell the story of your emotions right now. Best wishes and keep the Faith.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is the perfect photo of nervousness. I am cringing just thinking about stepping down on broken glass. Love your process!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you made the perfect photo to portray your feelings. That´s why Iike your blog!
    Hopefully all will go well at your appointment. We will be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope the apt goes well for you. The nervousness sounds normal and I'm glad you were able to take some of it out on your project. Possibly breaking the glass felt good. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Priceless, and yet so unnerving. Good luck with the appointment. I hope and pray all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you captured your emotion perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your photographic take on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, that vulnerable foot! What a metaphor for anxiety, these photos. Wow, Lisa. My heart is with you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooh... ouch! :) I'm so impressed with your creativity, not just taking photos, but creating art with meaning. Wow. I particularly like the silhouette shot.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The emotional message is coming through loud and clear with these pictures... good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great way to summarize the emotions with one photo!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just realized that in switching my URL (and having to re-create my blogroll) I accidentally left your blog out. I went looking for it just now once I realized I hadn't seen it for a couple of days. So sorry. Anyhoo....I'm off to read your next post and cross my fingers all went well at the doc's office.

    and btw....how did you manage to get such wonderful shots of your foot??

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that first shot, sets the perfect tone.

    ReplyDelete