Thursday, June 3, 2010

Fishbusterz

IMG_4687


We spent a little time on the water while we were in the Florida Keys. Dennis paddled Haden out while I stayed behind snapping birds and such, then he took me out to snap anemones and critters. After all that we were a little hungry and went in search of a place to eat.

DSCF0401


We decided to give Fishbusterz a try after looking at a few websites (Dang their site is down, I really wanted you to see it).  We did NOT know what we were in for, but that's not always a bad thing.

P2090013


All outdoor seating behind a warehouse looking building on a dirt road, in fact we weren't sure we were in the right place at first. We finally saw a little sign and narrow walkway between warehouses.

DSCF0402


We gambled a walk towards the docks and found seating available.

DSCF0396


P2090012


A huge door the waitresses went in and out of.

P2090015


Their specials were whatever they caught that day. Talk about fresh, right?! I don't do seafood but Dennis had plenty and I had a great burger.

DSCF0399


The waitresses were great and we were able to watch the sunset from our table on the dock, looking out over water and boats.

P2090016


If you make it to Key West Florida I recommend checking them out! You won't be disappointed!

DSCF0398


PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecilyand Krista

13 comments:

  1. those sunset pictures are gorgeous. sounds like you had a real nice time. and, the food was edible which is always a plus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crumbs those sunset shots are so amazing!!!

    P.S. Your tripod comment made me laugh. I'm going to work on the elbow squeezing technique. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something about sunset pictures is just so amazing. Love all of these shots...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like fish (some) but not shell fish. (it isn't really fish. It's bugs)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sunsets are gorgeous! I've been liking sunsets lately, but I don't get many around here.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love places with character -- and if you're going to name your restaurant "Fishbusterz" you had better have some character.

    Those sunsets are truly melodramatic -- in a good way, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss the Key Lime pie they had just made! That was the best ever! When are we going back?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't enjoy sea foods, but I do enjoy the sunset :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow ... this looks like the perfect place to eat wonderful seafood!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I half expected to see Forrest Gump jump out somewhere ;-P Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love, love that Eat With the Fleet sign. Wouldn't that be great in a kitchen? Your sunset photos with the boats are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The sunset is fab! I've been to Key West, but we were only there for a few hours as a stop on our cruise, we took a tour of the island and dined on board.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I love eating at places like this. THANK YOU for sharing this, as there is really nothing within 500 miles of me that is like that. :oD And btw I LOVE seafood, could I have your share please? Thanks. lol

    ReplyDelete