Sunday, June 13, 2010

Really Looking

IMG_7687


When you start to look, really look, at the world around you, you discover all kinds of things you never noticed before.  I had a tomato sitting on top of my microwave for a few days, went to slice it up today and discovered that under the skin, not apparent from the outside, the seeds had begun to sprout.  It's kind of magical, and weird, to see these seeds beginning to grow, using only the nutrients from the fruit (or vegetable, depending on how you see it).  The seeds were not planted in dirt, watered and left in the sun.  I did nothing to encourage their germination, just as I did nothing to create my cancer.  Just as there were some rogue seeds in this particular tomato, there were some rogue cells in my body.
~ You can see the explanation behind this project by going here or see the all posts in this category by going here. ~

8 comments:

  1. I have never seen that before ... didn't even know the seeds could germinate inside the tomato. Fantastic shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great picture to illustrate the cancer. I´ve never seen this happen, but it´s looks really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cool find. i've never seen this happen before. great shot, btw. and, what an interesting connection being made between you and the cancer. have a delightful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Too bad cancer wasn't cute and curly, eh? Not to mention life-sustaining. What a brilliant photo and a sobering comparison. Very thought provoking; which I always enjoy! :o) Hope you are having a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is a wonderful way of celebrating your life cancer free. :) Keep up the fight my sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's totally neat they started to sprout by themselves. Reminds me of both onions and garlic. :) Good comparison though with a nice visual.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely comparison Lisa .. you are brave and I wish you a cancer free life ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's fascinating. I am enjoying your project, learning so much.

    ReplyDelete