Friday, June 4, 2010

Not a solitary bee

h1


When I was going through cancer and chemotherapy it affected more than just me. I still had children living at home, depending on me, and it changed them, their outlooks on life, and goals for their futures. My husband was a huge support, keeping me going through some of the toughest times and celebrating with me during the good times. And my parents, grandparents, extended family and friends helped make times a little easier or brighter too. I think it's much easier to celebrate remission with a whole colony of people, each one necessary. If I had been a solitary bee, the road would have felt much longer.

~ You can see the explanation behind this project by going here or see the all posts in this category by going here. ~

8 comments:

  1. but you're not. I'm glad I met you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to have a support net around you when dealing with treatments...it helps you concentrate on fighting the illness without feeling guilty for all that needs to be done....Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's good to have loved ones to rely on when going through such a terrible time. glad your support system was a strong one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an apt photo for this discussion. And we all do better when we have hivemates.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forget the village ... it takes a colony. Great picture, great concept, great support group!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being a solitary bee is onerous and difficult. I'm so very happy that you had your family to lean on during the most difficult times; and thrilled that they are with you to celebrate your victories. I love this picture; lots of motion!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a good post. Reminder to us all that everything we do does have a ripple affect on others. Glad you had support during such a time that you needed it the most.

    ReplyDelete