Saturday, June 5, 2010

Life affirming

i1


I am SO excited! A little House Finch couple have decided to start a family in the bird feeder hanging on my bed room window. They built their nest in one day! Wow!  This morning I woke up to her happy song and when I had the opportunity to peek through the window I discovered one egg!  I think she's one smart bird to put her babies so close to food.  What can be more life affirming than watching new life in nature?  This will be fun!

~ You can see the explanation behind this project by going here or see the all posts in this category by going here. ~

8 comments:

  1. How wonderful to be there at the front row to se the development and what nice phptos you will deliver whilst doing so ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how sweet.
    that is going to be a fun journey to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh ... how wonderful! I love it. How industrious to build their nest in one day. And she is super smart ... a nice protected safe place near food. What a smart little bird!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you feel voyeuristic? Of course, they're probably looking through your bedroom window, too!!! That is pretty exciting ... not often do you get to see it so up close and personal. ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, it will be so fun to watch this with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well now you know why she built the nest so fast!

    ReplyDelete