Note: Photostory Friday is the post below this one.
Blogging is an adaptable journey. I’ve been blogging now for four years, and while I’ve written a post before about why I blog, just like the rest of life and its various goals change with time, my blog and the reasons behind it also evolves. So, when Joy said she was having a blogging party, based on “Why I Love Blogging” I thought I would take the opportunity to explore my current reasons.
I started my little ole blog as a way to keep in touch with family across the miles. It has seen me through:
- Building a house my husband and sons (exhausting work)
- Getting diagnosed with cancer/going through chemo (a place to spill my fears & worries and find wonderful support)
- Children leaving the nest (only one left)
- My dry spell while I tried to decide what to say (I’m plenty loquacious now)
- The birth of my first grandchild (now I have three)
- Vacations, Travel and Family Craziness (with 6 kids there’s plenty)
- Starting a Photography Business (growing nicely)
- Weight loss and finding myself again (including cancer rechecks - still in remission!)
But where is it now? Why do I keep posting? Still a top reason for me is the bloganship here in bloggy land. I have met the best people, through comments, emails and reading their blogs - I feel like I have friends all over the world. And I’m very happy to have had the opportunity to meet a handful of them.
Another big reason I continue is that this is My world ~ Lisa Land. It sounds really funny to have that come out of me, because in life I am the type of person who just goes with the flow, I’m a follower, not a leader. But this is a place where I am Queen and can have things my way, and after all this time I feel pretty comfortable with that. If I feel like rambling on at length I can. If I don’t feel like talking I can just throw up a photo. If I need a sounding board I turn here. I find inspiration from my friends (yes, you!) and comfort. Blogging makes me feel a part of a huge family, no longer the lonely only child.
Even if you aren’t participating in the blog party I would love to hear why you blog. So, I ask you, why do you love blogging?