Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Flying Squirrels

q2


First, let me explain that the reason the photo is so dark, is that it was taken at night. That's when my flying squirrel friends come out to play so that's the only time I could catch one. Watching their acrobatics delights anyone who sees them! They are adorable! I wish I could jump from tree to tree with them and that my only worries were finding the next meal and landing properly.

~ You can see the explanation behind this project by going here or see the all posts in this category by going here. ~

q3


My blueberry!

q1


We have at least 4 of them zipping and dashing in our yard. I guess that's why I need to keep putting feed out, lol. We were absolutely amazed that they still came to eat while all of our guests were here on Saturday. As we sat around the fire, they would zip over our heads and when someone walked to a tree to get a closer look they stayed still.

q4


I was sitting about 6 feet from this one while he nibbled away. I chatted on the phone and my husband came out and went back in and still he stayed. He was there about 15 minutes. There are some nights I go back out to refill the feeder for them and one will sit about a foot up the tree and watch me. I love that they let me get so close to them!

6 comments:

  1. Oh , how cute they are :)
    Would love to have some flying Squirrels here !
    Great captures !
    Have a nice monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Cool. I love that feeder, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen flying squirrels, only on television. My...what big eyes they have :) These are wonderful photos, Lisa...I like the dark contrast. And...your feeder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was delighted to see one of these little guys and amazed at how bold they are. What great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. interesting shot, of both the tree and the squirrel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, you're like the handy neighbors that live next door who drop off groceries. They are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete