Thursday, June 10, 2010

Happenstance

IMG_7599


As we left the house this morning to get a coffee I debated about bringing the camera - the plan was to run for coffee and come right back home, would I really need it? I opted to grab it anyway. Two blocks after picking up the coffee, suddenly, out of nowhere, it became clear that the correct answer had won. A helicopter crop duster swooped narrowly above us, turned and went back to the field. My husband quickly pulled the car over and I grabbed the camera.

It was amazing to watch the pilot fly barely over power lines, cross the road and turn that baby nearly brushing the tops of trees!  I snapped about 50 photos of his antics, some so close you can see his face and just part of the helicopter.  I felt elated that I had the camera with me and something had happened!  The rush, the joy!  You never know where it will appear!c

~ You can see the explanation behind this project by going here or see the all posts in this category by going here. ~

12 comments:

  1. Very cool. I need to carry my camera more often.

    On Saturday while driving through a Portland, Or neighborhood, we came across two policemen driving on 4-wheelers down a busy thoroughfare. They were pulling someone over. I wished I had the camera. I had never seen anything like it before.

    both my husband and I wondered - were those street-legal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is something you can never find in my country! what an awesome catch, lisa. I brought my camera everywhere too but of course it's not a DSLR, so my Canon S5 can just fit into my handbag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so cool! Great shot too! There are so many times that I've wished I had my camera with me, but didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! Too often I don´t have my camera along. And then it happens....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice shot! Why not post some of the more personal ones of the pilot's face? You are welcome to post to our gallery of ag-aircraft. We don't often receive helicopters, as they only make up about 10% of the ag-aviation fleet. -Bill

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a cool cool photo! Glad you brought the camera! Just goes to show it is probably worth it to bring it along all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That really looks amazing. Great capture ... never, never leave your camera home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Today I was in Toronto with Sue and wished I had the camera. The weather wasn't great but it lent itself to some great low cloud shots. The CN tower and surrounding buildings were enveloped by the clouds. Would have made a great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was quite a catch...of course I wonder about the stuff raining down on the food we eat.....Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how cool! He looks like a giant dragonfly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, this is me spraying in Wisconsin, should have got me reloading on the truck. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete