Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Impromptu Gathering

kids1


Mikal texted me, "Will you be home Wed?" and it grew from there. Sure, I'd be home, and Dennis would be home from work earlier than normal, so it was decided he'd throw some burgers on the grill. Well, if he was cooking out, I'd invite Britney and Nick. . .

kids2


So they were in. Well, I better call Khris. . .sure, he could make it. When I inform Dennis all the kids (and significant others) could be here. His first response was, "Great!" (smiling), quickly followed by, "I better get more meat." lol

kids3


How true! I grew up an only child, the lonely only. . .but I gave birth to four wonderful people who keep adding more wonderful people to my life, and simply having a cookout with the kids can quickly grow. But it's all good! Imagine what it's like when we try to go to a restaurant!

When I passed all this info to mom (in Missouri) she said, "Better take a picture." Of course! All four kids had not been here at the same time since Thanksgiving! So, we grabbed the p&s and snapped a few in the backyard. We'll be getting better photos taken in about two weeks, when we all look snazzy at Mikal and Amy's wedding!

kids4


It's been a while since the kids have been on the blog so, let's introduce them again (left to right):

My middle son, Khristiaan and his girlfriend Ashley.

My youngest child, Haden (in the brown shirt).

Nick and my daughter, my oldest, Britney with their two children (Tristan in red and Adrianna in mama's arms).

Then, my oldest son, Mikal and his fiance, Amy ~ They are getting married June 26th, time is flying!

13 comments:

  1. What a happy bunch!!!

    And...I know!! I have (only) three kids - and without any significant others (they aren't old enough for that yet!!) - and it's already expensive (and loud!!) taking them to a restaurant!!!! ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful get together. At the end, I got this little sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach, because I know that my four aren't too far behind yours and soon enough they'll all be on their own and it will be a special event when they are all four home together. It's sad and sweet at the same time, but it reminds me to enjoy the now and to look forward to the future when they add more people to my family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful set of family pics Lisa!

    So glad your whole family could have a cookout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lively family! I trust you all had a wonderful time together...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful. I wasn't an only but my only sibling (big brother) was ten years older than me...so, I tend to enjoy my quiet time. I have three boys so my life is rarely quiet. I manage to search out some minutes here and there...yet, I know that they won't be here with me forever...or little ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great bunch of kids! I bet it is so fun to have such an impromptu get together! Thanks for introducing us to them. I love getting to know you better this way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some of the very best parties are preceded by the statement, "I better get more meat!" Looks like a wonderful time. It's so great when a get together just happens all by itself like that without a bunch of intense planning. Making memories ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a very beautiful family, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw. Your family is SO adorable! I love how you all get together like that! :o) Congrats to the soon-to-be-weds! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a neat surprise for everyone. Love the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a lovely family Lisa.....

    ReplyDelete