Monday, June 21, 2010

Many Moths

r2


Life is a frail moth flying, caught in the web of the years that pass. ~ Sara Teasdale

~ You can see the explanation behind this project by going here or see the all posts in this category by going here. ~

r3


I normally have a yellow bulb in my back porch light, but while attempting to catch the flying squirrels on "film" I changed the bulb to white. It's only been white about a week and we discovered over an inch of moth carcasses piled inside the glass shade.

r4


As soon as I saw the photos on my camera's screen I knew I wanted to attempt a texture layer on them. I knew I wanted a vintagey look and hope I've achieved it. These are my first attempts at textures. :0)

r5

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful effect and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Good job with that last photo.

    I love the detail you capture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, I just love how The Lord places these wonderful settings right out in front of you to share with all of us. So, the moth's didn't nest in the shade with the other light bulb? That's funny/odd. I wonder why. Hmmmm....

    Always appreciating your posts!! Such a blessing, they speak to me, beyond the written words...just so you know ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. that third shot is amazing with those EYES staring at us!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. kind of creepy, but I do love the fragility of their delicate bodies

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you nailed it ... hauntingly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy moly! You weren't kidding when you said many moths! There are many! I love the vintage-y look! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ewwww... that's a lot of moths!! But a fun photo op. I'm still trying to figure out textures. I know that I've taken some pictures that could have used them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Somehow they look sad to me too. Fragile and sad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. mothballed fleet comes to mind.

    ReplyDelete