Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Helicopter Crop Duster

IMG_7599


When I posted the photo of the Helicopter Crop Duster the other day I wasn't able to share all the images I wanted to so I decided to do another post. They amaze me! Before you ask, this is the morning I just grabbed one of my cameras (as is) as a just in case I saw something. I happened to grab the Canon 50D - my favorite for moving subjects, it's a sports camera. It happened to have the 70-200mm lens on, as I had been photographing my flying squirrel the previous evening. Now, if I had known what I was going to be shooting I would have grabbed the 100-400mm, but as it is this fellow kept zipping right above our heads.

IMG_7608


IMG_7616


I wonder what he has in his cooler. See it at his feet?

IMG_7621


There he goes again.

IMG_7624


IMG_7632


He would cross over the road we were on and turn it above the trees next to us. Amazingly close!

IMG_7636


I have a photo exactly like this showing the copter in focus but I wanted to include this one because I laugh at the chance that I focused on the power lines! If I had tried to focus on the lines it would have been hard, but I was trying to focus on any part of this quickly moving copter and it just so happened this one shot I got the line, lol. Can you tell that he's very close to those lines?

IMG_7659


Here he comes again! Directly under the power lines sits a sprinkler, that's what you see in the foreground here, now watch this. . .

IMG_7661


He barely cleared it each time! Amazing flying!

I did post about a helicopter crop duster 2 years ago, not sure if it's the same one.  And like that one, this one did land on a truck to refill, and once again, I missed that shot. :(  He was on the other side of those trees you see in the background when he did it.

6 comments:

  1. What an amazing set of shots!!! That's some AMAZING flying, don't ya think?? I don't think I'd want to do that for a living! Kind of scary!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Lisa ... I found you over at Nanny's "The Good Life" blog, and I'm so glad I did! Your photography is truly awesome, especially the shots of the helicopter crop duster. I've never seen a helicopter used for that, and the pilot's flying prowess was absolutely amazing, as well as your photos.

    I look forward to seeing more of your photography and perhaps joining you for your Macro Mondays.

    Sincerely,

    Janie at Southern Lagniappe

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW...love them all but that one with the cooler is my favorite! So lucky you were in the right place at the right time AND had a camera!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet the chopper pilot was giving his best flying, because you were photographing him. Great series of shots!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are such awesome snaps! Hope your lungs, though, didn't get polluted by what he was spraying...

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are really neat shots! Glad you shared some more!

    ReplyDelete