Friday, January 21, 2011

The search for the curling iron

DSCF2826


Over on facebook, a few days ago, I mentioned how I somehow lost my curling iron - the big 2" one - have no clue where it went.  It's been mia for a few weeks now, maybe since Thanksgiving. . . But when my $40 flashlight, bought a few weeks ago, now joined the curling iron in a far-away place I decided it was time to search.

I've noticed that I'm not the only person who has a catchall room and that's where I really suspected them both of being.  I'm horribly guilty of clearing off the kitchen counter/table and taking the whole pile into that room and plopping it on my desk.  My desk is now cleaned off - neither one was there, but a couple of flashlights and a fiji bottle were.

Next I moved to my bedside table, it's a horrible catchall as well.  Nope, not there, but I found more fiji and smart water bottles on the table and under the bed - guess my Diet Coke addiction has been replaced.  A couple of scissors, more flashlights and a missing booklight (under the bed - that's where that went!)

Maybe the car?  Curling iron I didn't expect to find there but maybe the flashlight?  Nope, a different flashlight, scissors, receipt book, an eyeglass case with my old glasses in it, and the red booklight I lost there earlier this month under the backseat.

Sooooo, the curling iron is still lost who knows where.  But I found the $40 flashlight under the foot of the bed, I bet the dogs put it there!  And all these items can back where they're supposed to be.  Any suggestions on where I should look for the missing curling iron?

15 comments:

  1. I'm still going with someone (a guest, a visitor) either putting it in the wrong cupboard etc

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always find things when I stop looking for them. But have you looked in every spot in your bathroom for the curling iron??

    ReplyDelete
  3. You buy a new one. And then the old one will materialize magically. Works every time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it could be in my office..... but it may take 3-4 months to unpile all my stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. don't you love when you go looking for something and find everything else that seemed to be lost or forgotten? usually i find something when i forget about it. so stop looking for a few days and it might pop up. good luck. have a great night~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm guessing it's in a drawer or on a shelf in a closet. That's quite a collection you have there. You should see my workbench :-0

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't imagine losing a curling iron!!! But if someone starts showing up with curly hair (like a dog), I think that is a clue!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i always wonder where do lost items go. i'm still reading the book A Place Called Here by Cecelia Ahern

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bet it's those dogs again because it couldn't possibly be you who lost it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear, I am totally out of this conversation:
    What may I ask, is a curling iron?
    To make clothes look crumpled rather than smooth?

    ReplyDelete
  11. nothing like the search of something and finding a lot of others. Just go on and you will be surprised of what you find, maybe things totally forgotten (I know I've been there ;-) )

    ReplyDelete
  12. lol that reminds me of my house!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Knowing me, it would be someplace like the microwave. When you do find it, here's a fun idea. I have a sewing book where they take already made things like rugs, potholders, placemats, etc., and make other things out of them. I think that's called upcycling. Anyway, they took an oven mitt from the dollar store, cut off the thumb, sewed that hole closed, then used it to store their curling iron in. They even hung it up with the loop provided. I don't use a curling iron, but I thought it was a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How 'bout in the freezer. Weird, I know. But strange things sometimes show up there.
    Or maybe in the midst of a stack of towels or sheets ...

    ReplyDelete
  15. i have no idea where i put it i am clueless looked in all of these places thanks though

    ReplyDelete