Thursday, January 27, 2011

armadillo

012711


I had to go pretty far south of my house to find a patch of grass not covered by snow. Seems all my backgrounds have been white for so long that I forgot what grass looked like.  What I wouldn't give to have a hard outer shell like an armadillo.  If my armor didn't work maybe I could bend into a ball and just roll away to a better place.

~ You can see the explanation behind this project by going here or see the all posts in this category by going here.

IMG_7322


Armadillos are pretty weird looking. Hairs along each section and on the face.

8 comments:

  1. Great shots! I love armadillos but we almost NEVER see them here in suburbia! Thanks for a great share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Armadillos and platypus rank way up there is the 'strange' department, but this guys kinda cute.

    We finally got some melting going on, but most of the ground is still covered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Armadillos are strange looking--but oddly appealing

    ReplyDelete
  4. These guys are the weirdest things ever!! We never see them here as they don't live in our area. It has been years since I have seen one. Great shots. They are so detailed!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't realized armadillos were so beautiful. Those markings are lovely. Great shots Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the one of the weirdest animal on earth. I like your shots though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such an awesome capture...I can't believe you have those running around your neighborhoods...I have only seen them in a zoo! I think he is awful cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't they have the funniest little faces? Amazing critters!

    ReplyDelete