Monday, January 24, 2011

obstinate

IMG_7253


Squirrels are the most obstinate creature I know; no matter what I do to keep them out of my birdseed they are not dissuaded. We need to be like the squirrel in our quest to live with joy, refusing to let anything stand in our way.

~ You can see the explanation behind this project by going here or see the all posts in this category by going here.

IMG_7231


A moment before this shot he was holding the suet on on its edge and all you could see was his head and paws. I didn't have the camera in my hands yet though, darn.  He opened the holder the crazy thing.  You can kinda see the depth of our snow here.  He is in a path that has been cleared for our dogs.  The actual snow depth is above his head, you can semi-see it towards the top left.

7 comments:

  1. I have given in to the squirrels. I provide them with a feeder and that keeps them away from the bird feeders some of the time. They have not yet attacked the suet holder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, a good lesson :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, we have them too, and they can be downright annoying!! They are so much fun though. I do try to not encourage them by feeding them. They have eaten the strings for two of my hammocks, so I am not very happy with them right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing how acrobatic they can be when there's food in the vicinity isn't it? They take huge leaps sometimes onto my bird feeders but when they get there they can't get to the food because they're squirrel-proof feeders. Doesn't stop them trying though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i seldom see squirrels in our place..but already seen some when i drive...this is such a lovely creature...nice catch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are little thieves, but even I have to admit, they are pretty cute! Nice captures!

    ReplyDelete