The goal is to capture one thing repeatedly on the first of each month. It can be a landscape, a person, an animal, a project; whatever your focus is, is fine. It can even be a record of where you are each First of the Month.
I have decided to share my curiously-toothy-budda-belly-green-holey worm each month. This month he is loaded with memories of 2010. Above you will see:
- The green case holding my nook: In December, I took the leap from paper copies of books to their electronic forms. I am enjoying it so far. When I finally decided to jump I knew that I wanted either the Kindle (Amazon) or nook (Barnes & Noble) - I liken them to Nikon and Canon, I think you can't go wrong with either but I'd stay away from other brands. And once you make the decision you are stuck with that brand. So, Kindles were sold out around here, and I always purchase form B&N anyway, so. . . I am excited I was able to change the back cover to a hot pink -Fun!
- HTC Hero - In the spring, I changed from a Blackberry to a Droid - haven't looked back since. It does everything! Including having a nook app so I can read there too. I was thinking that corner of the photo was looking a little dark and was trying to figure out how to turn the screen on the phone on without tumbling things when my son called. Lucky break! (Sorry Mikal for making you wait.)
- The apple - In January, I switched from being a PC to being a MacBook - LOVE it!
- Bride and Groom photo - In June, my son, Mikal, wed his girlfriend of six years. It was a wonderful celebration of them and I was happy to be a part of it. His grandparents made the trip up from Missouri and we enjoyed having them here.
- Coach headband - This year I expanded my Coach belongings exponentially! A few more bags, some shoes and boots, planner, scarf, gloves. . .let's just say I love me some Coach! I even found Coach fabric to use in the Fiat.
- Heart - Well, this could represent the heart problems my husband continues to have - or the ones that I developed in November, but when I placed it I intended it to represent how full my life is of love!
- Tiny Snowflake - I dug out my crochet hooks for the first time in many years and tried to remember the stitches. I cranked out a few awkwardly wonky snowflakes, using thread for the first time ever. It can also represent my eternal love of winter and snowfall!
- Finger-puppet Raccoon - In September, I visited Glacier National Park for the first time and revisited Yellowstone and Grand Tetons. We haven't geocached very much this year, but our name on geocaching.com is bandits and we use a raccoon as our mascot.
- Brighton Heart hair clippy (barely visible in front of the raccoon) - The first piece of Brighton I have purchased in several years. How I love hearts!
- Fiat emblem - Fall of 2010 we purchased a cute lil convertible project car. We have changed the exterior from a metallic blue to a bright orange with white racing stripes. We have the supplies to change the tan interior to black with black Coach fabric. We have removed the homemade convertible top and purchased a bright white one. It's very fun to drive and I can't wait for warm weather again!
- Coca-Cola lids - In November, I cut all soda/pop/carbonated beverages from my diet. I now only drink water with a slice of lime all day. This was a big thing for me, I was a 2 ltr a day Diet Coke drinker. The first week or so hurt a lot, but I'm happy as a clam now. I do still visit Starbucks for my Mocha Frapp but I have been contemplating stopping it too.
- Newdae Photography business card - We stayed extremely busy with weddings and such - it was a great year full of fun! Well, see for yourself.
- Purple Spray Bottle - I attempted to make my own shampoo. I loved the idea of how wonderful it should be for my hair. But the reality was not so good. I hated the feel of my hair and it was unmanageable. Needless to say I have went back to my Burt's Bees and I cut open one Aloe Vera capsule, squeeze the liquid into my hands and put it on my hair after towel drying - I love how it leaves my hair!
- Mr Monster by Dan Wells - I stepped out and tried several new authors in 2010, Dan Wells was one of them. I picked up his first novel, I am not a Serial Killer based pretty much on the cover, zipped through it and had to grab Mr Monster the second it came out. Can't wait for the third in the trilogy!
- Pink Peace Symbol Coffee Cozy - Peace is something I always seek and value. I picked up several different fleece fabrics and made reusable sleeves for the Starbucks addiction my husband and I share. Not only is it better for the environment but it keeps his coffee hot much longer and my Frapp lasts longer too.
- Starfish - February took us to Florida and my birthday was spent in the Everglades. It was the first time I had been to Florida since I was 13.