Sunday, August 15, 2010

time keeps on ticking

081510


Time is one of those things that can annoy or elate. It is amazing how very long a week can feel when you're waiting for your birthday, or vacation, or test results. Or how quickly the week can fly when you're on vacation or trying to get preparations done for someone else's party. There are moments I look at the clock and look back within a minute or two and can't believe the hands haven't moved further. Then there are other times I glance at the clock and wonder where the day went.  Time seems to be in fast forward for me lately, speeding on by, quickly through the years, I wish I could hold those hands still for a bit and just enjoy the moment.

~ You can see the explanation behind this project by going here or see the all posts in this category by going here. ~

9 comments:

  1. I absolutely agree w/ you, time has been flying by swiftly... too fast! Wonderful image, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time has been moving rather quickly....TOO quickly! I agree!! But I really am looking forward to Fall...my favorite season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By coincidence, while I was doing my daily power walk yesterday, I found myself thinking of the possibility that time is indeed variable and wondered if that could be measured scientifically, in a new and different manner. I was also thinking that possibly the actual position on the globe might have an influenece on time, or the Earth's position in the Universe.
    Just a (daft) thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know the feeling... and the older you get the faster it ticks. But I love this photo. A lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, if only we could hold back time (if just for a day)! :) Love the muted colors in this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Time is just annoying, I agree. Sometimes it feels like it drags and sometimes it feels like it's slipping too quickly through my viewfinder. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is beautiful....these clocks always remind me of my father's great big grandfather's clock & 8ft fan in his cabinet making factory...when the saws were operating or the polish machine going...all you'd hear over the fan was the tick tick tick...now i wish i had that clock, or at least a photo of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How coincidental! :-)

    Love your clock!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous clock ... your words are so true!

    ReplyDelete