cell phone pic
Two evenings ago, Haden plucked a plant exactly like these and said, "This is Poison Ivy"
I said, "Really? Then drop it! You're allergic to poison ivy! Don't you remember?"
Him (dropping it), "But I've never had it since living up here, have I?"
Me, "I dunno. Don't you remember how bad you used to get?! I don't know if it's possible to not get it if you've always gotten it. You better go wash up right now just in case."
(That's our Missouri talk coming out, lol)
I swear that this boy cannot look at poison ivy without getting it. He has been to the ER several times with it covering lots of his body, and in places you'd rather it not be. One summer he was there 5 times! I was so ticked at him as I thought he kept purposefully getting in it, lol. Shots would help and we learned to wash him with Dawn dish soap immediately if we suspected he had been in it. And the reason he hasn't had it in several years is because he learned what it looked like and avoided it. So what was he thinking plucking it out of the ground?!
So yesterday he woke up with one swollen/red eye and we had forgotten about the plant and assumed he got bit by a mosquito while sleeping. Today he woke up with the eyelid worse and some itching on his ear. Yep, he's still allergic!
PS - I am not allergic.