Thursday, August 26, 2010

getting to the point

082810


Sometimes we have to shave away the crap to get to the point.  Our minds get so filled with statistics, remedies and preventatives that we're lost in the fragments.  Instead of looking at all the things we "wish" were, we need to be thankful for what we still have and rebuild from the debris.

~ You can see the explanation behind this project by going here or see the all posts in this category by going here. ~

IMG_1149


I just had a tough time choosing between three photos so thought I'd share the other two I was torn between.

IMG_1156

11 comments:

  1. Great shots! I'm partial to the first one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You choose the right one....the first one really brings out your vision behind the image....love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this series of pencil shavings with the colorful pencil tips. Might have to dig mine out and try this! Thanks for being inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's a good one...look at who we are...gosh do we ever do that? i found it quite amusing that you had trouble working out which pencil shavings to show us ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to repost some of your blog post on facebook. Amazing. So....more in touch with real life than most politicians. You should run for office!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I should be reading the words, but I can't get past the composition of the photos. They're excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I'm in the mood to color and feel like a session with my watercolor pencils. The simple elegance of your pictures is always so gratifying!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I try to remind myself to do that everyday, some days are harder than others.

    ReplyDelete
  9. very creative shots--I would frame those and hang them on a wall.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all these photos, but something about the green shavings in the first shot really caught my eye

    ReplyDelete