Saturday, August 21, 2010

sooc #11 Happy Birthday Honey!

IMG_0933


Today is my husband's birthday, and since he is 6 months younger than I am he has finally caught up! I called one of friends in the wedding cake business to make him a cake. He loves her cakes! We went to pick it up friday and it was very hot, an hour and a half away and it sweated a little on the way home. But it's all good.

IMG_0939


The only direction I gave her was I would like a camera on it and that he likes yellow. She did great!  After I took this photo I said, "Ok, I'm done"

IMG_0940


He was holding the knife ready to cut and waited so patiently, not, for me to finish playing with it.  I barely had the words out that I was finished and the first cut was happening!

IMG_0943


Jennifer really does make awesome cakes! They are always so moist and yummy (the sweat didn't affect the taste at all)! I'm going to include a link to her website in case any Wisconsinites are looking for a cake for a birthday, wedding, or any other celebration. Saves me answering emails, lol. You can see more of her wonderful creations at Cakescapes!  And remember, all these photos are straight out of the camera, no tweaking involved. :)

Murrieta365

17 comments:

  1. Happy Happy Birthday to you husband!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy B.day Dennis...send me some of that cake..it looks delish. What a great looking cake, your friend has a real talent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Dennis - I love the cake and would be happy to eat any leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A happy birthday to Dennis. I'm craving some of that cake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to Dennis. It's fun that you can be the same age for 6 months of each year. Then you get to be the oldest, and the boss! The cake is just great, as are you photos of it, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ♫ ~ ♪♫ ~ ♫ нαρρÿ вιяτн∂αÿ ♫ ~ ♪♫ ~ ♫

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Dennis~ Hope you had a wonderful day of celebration with your family/ friends. Your cake looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HB to your hubby. The cake looks wonderful as well as yummy. Too bad Texas is a little too far away to give your friend an order. :D

    BTW, photos are great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday to your husband, the cake looks great

    ReplyDelete
  10. She did beautiful work. wish we could taste through the computer.Happy Birthday

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love cake and that looked delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday to your husband, OMG does this look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday to husband, Lisa! that's a very creative cake, I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The cake looks wonderful and tasty, bet he liked his surprise

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday to Dennis~
    that cake looks so dense and full of yummy goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuu, Dennis! Looks like a ridiculously good cake and very nicely decorated. My Hubby's birthday is today, the 23rd, but we won't be celebrating with family until Thursday, the 26th.

    ReplyDelete