Thursday, July 1, 2010

A zoo by the motel

IMG_6895


One night I went with hubby to work and when I looked out the motel window I was surprised to see some critters. It appeared to be a petting zoo. There were no signs out front, so it was a surprise. A nice Camel.

IMG_6906


A Donkey and Goat.

IMG_6926


IMG_6922


Peeking through the trees I spied a zebra, in Wisconsin, in the little town of Shawano, downtown, lol.

IMG_6931


I had to snap the zebra butt, lol. With a Goose in the background, now come on, that's funny stuff!

IMG_6902


I'm sorry, I don't know the difference between Alpacas and Llamas, but whatever they are, they amused me.

IMG_6905


This fellow decided to stop and relieve himself on the dirty patch of ground, the spot without grass. . .then. . .

IMG_6912


The next one did it. . .then. . .

IMG_6909


The third one stopped in the same spot, lol.

IMG_6935


Watch out Zebra, they're heading your way!

IMG_6939


I was a little surprised to see everyone getting along so well.

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily

12 comments:

  1. I think they might be alpacas since I shot llamas a few months ago and they didn't have poodle fur all over them like yours does (shot meaning photo shot!), but then again, I'm a city girl, so what do I know! You can take a look in my labels under "animals". I just LOVE the zebra butt!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, yes, who can ever resist a zebra butt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Animals sure have a way of turning on the charm, don't they? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Llamas and the Alpacas -- are hilarious (and darn consistent!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. After the first couple of photos, I thought you had a nativity scene going, then the zebra popped up! It does look like a friendly petting zoo. My dogs do the exact same thing ... peeing where the other one just peed. Gotta mark their territory!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun little find. One big happy family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was SO funny! : )

    And fun! Very fun post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome shots!!!

    Aren't Alpacas and Llamas the same thing???

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the peeing shots!! Gets me where my inner 5-year-old lives!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Am I lame for thinking that all those animals in the same spot is kind of bizarre? Love your sense of humor Lisa!!

    ReplyDelete