Saturday, April 19, 2008

Would you like some coffee or tea?

Round Robin Photo Challenges only come around every other week, you should join us.  My little lazy memory got in my way this week.  I actually came up with an idea over a week ago, but I told hubby that if I went with that idea I would need to use the cheaper camera or do some washing first.

Then my week got filled with activities like shampooing carpets, two local geocaching events, one son's birthday (Haden is 16 now) and one son deciding it was time to spread his wings and move out.  But this morning I dug my collection down from its perch above the kitchen cabinets and washed them up.  And I think my collection meets the assignment of Variety Show given by Nancy.


collection



In 2005, while wandering through antique stores I kept seeing enamelware coffee pots and thinking of my great-grandmother.  I remember she had many pieces of enamelware, huge bowls, cup, pots, etc.  So I bought a pot/pitcher, then another and another, then stumbled upon a few cute tea kettles I couldn't pass up and viola, a collection.

I'm sure you notice one odd one in amongst them.  On the right side, second one back, is a white percolator with little blue flower design.  It has all of its parts and could be used if necessary, but I keep it because it was my paternal grandmother's.

Did you know, I don't drink tea or coffee?

No comments:

Post a Comment