Wednesday, April 30, 2008

My Camera Equipment

P1150098.jpg


Cameras have always been in my life a little more than in most people's.  But I really wasn't interested in them, at all, until recently.  I think the first time I confessed my love was February 2007. I had no idea how much my world of photography would change when we brought home that first digital SLR in September 2007.  And, as I imagine, you can see by the list below we have jumped in with both feet.


You may be asking yourself why Canon, why not Nikon?  My only answer would be that it was neck and neck for a long time; we knew that whichever way we went would predict our entire future choices.  We would be buying a second camera body at some point and sharing all the lenses.  Nikon and Canon lenses mount differently so both camera bodies had to be one or the other.  Then we were told that Canon has slightly better glass (lenses) and we took the leap into a Rebel XTi.


It is my hope to compile a list of our various cameras and lenses, along with full reviews, to make it easier for people to answer those questions, "What camera are you using?" or "What lens are you using?"  The first one is coming soon and you should start seeing the words below turn into links to keep all of the reviews in one easy to find location.



Cameras (all of our cameras are digital SLRs)
Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi
Canon EOS 40D
Canon EOS 20D
Canon EOS 5D

Lenses
Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 (standard zoom)
Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM (telephoto zoom)
Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 USM (macro)
Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM (telephoto zoom)
Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM (standard zoom)
Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM (standard zoom)
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II (standard)
Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye (Wide-angle)

Other Stuff
2 - Speedlite 430EX flashes and diffusers
2 remote triggers
modeling lights/flashes
Bogen Manfrotto tripods with ballheads
Crumpler camera bag for one camera
2- hardcases for all equipment
Lenses we've used
Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III (telephoto zoom)
Sigma 28-300mm F3.5-6.3 DG Macro (standard zoom)
Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L USM, Canon EF 24-70 F2.8L USM, Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM, Canon EF 50mm F1.2L USM - We borrowed these from borrowlenses

my new lens

No comments:

Post a Comment