Thursday, April 10, 2008

Little Critters and Whatchamacallit

WARNING: Snake photos follow (Aims, hope you read that)

We finally went out geocaching last weekend. We hibernated most of the winter but there was a really nice day (It’s raining and snowing again now!) and we couldn’t resist. We were walking through a marsh when we discovered the little snake I showed you a couple of days ago.

Haden loves any creature and is not afraid of any of them. He has been bringing me all kinds of things for years. One morning, when he was two and woke up before me, he went into the backyard with his older sister. It wasn’t long before he was at my bedside and I was waking up to a scratching noise. He had a tiny mole in a cardboard box and was tipping it towards me to ask what it was.

Another morning he woke me up to tell me (around his pacifier) that a baby kangaroo is a joey (He watches the Discovery Channel). When he was four the whole family went to White Water in Branson and as we were leaving we lost him. We all split up looking for him, in a panic and he had no clue he had even been lost. He was too busy pointing at the ants he was hunched over, watching on the sidewalk.

We have had our share of frogs, snakes, bees, lizards, etc brought into the house in some sort of container. So you would think I would be used to it by now. But still, when the snake was doing things like this:


scary



And this:


scary!



His tongue is out, and he looks perturbed pissed! I happily handed the camera over to Dennis.


model



Even though he was very well contained by my gentle-handed son.

Waiver: No snakes were harmed in the taking of these photos and while said snake slithered happily away when released, I quickly dashed the other way. Thanx for all those crunches guys, I think they helped me run faster.

Now on to more pleasant things. Anyone venture a guess as to what this is?


what am i



t

No comments:

Post a Comment