Wednesday, May 14, 2008

What A Croc!

Originally posted August 26, 2007

Last summer I went to a podiatrist because my feet hurt so much and so often. He told me I had Tarsal Tunnel and gave me some exercises to do. They didn’t help. But I’ve found something that has.

I spent years with feet that hurt with my first few steps of the day and ache in the evenings, sometimes so much that I avoided walking. I also occasionally got pain in my left knee and/or hip. But, about 3 months ago I took a leap. I had seen these ugly shoes everywhere and hated them almost as much as I hate Utube.

I thought they were the ugliest things I had ever seen, in fact I still do. But after seeing so many people in them, I finally asked a friend how she liked hers and if her feet sweated in them. She said she had foot problems and they helped and that no, her feet didn’t sweat unless she went with the knock-offs cheap brands.

It took my husband quite some time to convince me shell out $30 for a pair of shoes that I already had in my mind I hated. Even as I picked out a color I wondered if I would actually wear them. Guess what. No really guess.

I’m on my second pair of them. I totally wore the first pair out hiking (hey I‘ve walked a lot of miles doing 1000 caches). Since the first day I put them on they are the only shoes I have worn. No more aching feet. I can get out of bed in the morning and not feel like I’m stepping on glass. My hip and knee haven’t hurt once either. I never really believed that a shoe would make me pain free, but it has.

I did put on a different pair of shoes yesterday, because of the rain and my hip hurts today. I am now worried about what I will do this winter, when a couple of feet of snow is on the ground and I can’t wear my Peacock Cayman Crocs anymore. Maybe the Georgie would work.  Do you think they would consider making a snow boot so I would be able to constantly wear Crocs?

what a croc

1 comment:

  1. I'm laughing. Why? Because I hate them, too. But I bought some cheap ones to put at every door of my house to wear outside because I don't like going barefooted outside. They felt so good I bought another color for inside-the-house wear. I have a lot of foot/ankle problems. I've been to the doctor who sent me to the podiatrist. Last week they cast my foot for orthotics. But the crocs are orthotics themselves. I can't believe the different when I wear them--which is now all the time except out in public. I have a brace, and if I wear that with my running shoes, I have no pain. And actually, heels don't hurt either. (My problem is in my arch.) The whole thing just makes me laugh because I went through so many of the same things, and yes, I still hate how they look!

    ReplyDelete