Monday, May 12, 2008

Joys of Living in Tornado Alley

My dad ran into the house yelling for my mom to get in the basement now.

My parents live in southwest Missouri and this time the tornado hit about a half mile from their house.  That's just a little too close for comfort.  And, from what I have heard on the weather channel that tornado has been classified as an f4, about a mile wide.  Scary stuff.

Mom and dad got lucky and the only damage they sustained was one down tree and a few branches.  Some of their very close neighbors weren't so lucky.


MO tornado



This guy was trying to get his car a little protection from the golf ball sized hail.  Guess that didn't work, but he's ok.


MO tornado



These people lost 47 trees in a storm 5 years ago and now the remainder are gone.  But their house is still standing, which is actually saying a lot considering two of their immediate neighbors lost their homes.

Photos are courtesy of my mom and dad.

PS - Would you believe that I am still sick?!  Please tell me that the coughing will end soon and I will once again feel alive, cuz right now I feel like Picher Oklahoma.

No comments:

Post a Comment