Friday, December 11, 2009

Out for a drive

lc3096


After blowing the driveway we had to get out and look around.  Love the bright berries buried in snow. :)


lc3100


Check out this sign, it looks like the snow is trying to push it off the building.


lc3099


I think soon the sign may just say "Bug", lol


lc3098


lc3101


And Hallmark's Gold Crown appears to say "Cold Crown" and emphasizes the fact with some dangling icicles.


lc3097


Just one of four piles in this parking lot.  I know, the day was still dreary so it's hard to tell, but the pile is already as tall as some of the nearby buildings and this was our first snow!  All through the winter you will find these piles in each parking lot, getting added to each time the lots are plowed.

15 comments:

  1. Looks really cold to me! But still beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always fun to see how the snow transforms things.

    I haven't gotten too many snow pictures yet; navigating myself through all the snow has been difficult this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would not stand too close to that Fashion Bug sign! That is just an accident waiting to happen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's a lot of snow! Love the "cold crown" shot and that berry bush just needs some pretty white lights glittering through the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, reminds me of Iowa from 2 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are wonderful. Bye, bye Fashion! Bye, bye, Gold. Sure do like those berries.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could experience this , but just for a while. I think I'll definitely wish to be back in my sunny island after that, it's look so freezing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore that first shot!!! Love berries buried in snow!! And yes, white lights would make it look pretty cool!! The signs are pretty neat too...and it sure does look like they are going to fall off!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just a little different scenery than we get down here in sunny Florida.....BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. First snow and it's already that high?! Brrr... I think it's really going to be a very cold winter there. I hope they'll fix the "Fashionbug" sign before it falls on to somebody or before no one goes in that store for what i sells ("bug"), whichever comes first. And yep, I think the "Cold Crown" sign is adapting to the weather:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your world looks so COLD but I love the REDS you've shared in the midst of your wintry scenes. They'd be PERFECT for Ruby Tuesday ;-)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  12. GREAT catch on the two signs, especially the Hallmark sign. "Cold Crown" indeed!
    I knew snow weight could be a problem, but I never saw it try to rip a sign off a building before.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope the fashion bug sign doesn't fall on someone's head...the snow must be quite heavy.

    ReplyDelete