Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Quail and Hibiscus

lc2875


My parents have quail and while we were visiting I kinda fell in love with them. Too bad they're probably dinner by now. :( The ones with beige on their heads are girls and the ones with white are boys.


lc2876


Inquisitive lil fellows.  Every time I went to the cage one of the girls would run like crazy, zipping this way and that - I was tempted to tuck her in my bag and bring her home.


lc2877


lc2878


Each time I helped mom care for the quail we passed by these huge hibiscus blooms! Dinner plates! That's my mom's arm - see her hand is entirely covered - huge blooms!


lc2879



11 comments:

  1. I´ve never seen such a huge hibiscus! Wow! And what color! Stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww they are so cute! I hope they have not been eaten! Geez they would not fill much, poor little guys! Stunning hibiscus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I've never seen a hibiscus that large. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those quail are so cute and that hibiscus is huge. nature certainly knows how to provide one with eye candy, doesn't it? beautiful post excluding the quail being eaten. have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors in that first picture are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have those hibiscus in pale pink - I love them. I sent you my contact info via facebook email .... let me know if you don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the quail--the hibiscus is nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love hibiscus. Had lots of then when we lived in Arizona. They seemed to thrive in the high heat. We had a quail that nested in our backyard as well and one day she walked across our patio with all of her chicks.... so cute and so very tiny!

    Di

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just don't want to think about them being dinner! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never thought of hibiscus as a garnish for quail.

    ReplyDelete