Monday, October 12, 2009

Hanging onto summer

lc2861


We have a volunteer pumpkin plant by our front porch. It looks like the seed came from a small white pumpkin we had last year. They are really cute - and little but I don't think they're going to make it. - Actually it snowed pretty much all day yesterday, so now I know they won't make it - I did manage to snap some photos of our pumpkin before I picked it.


lc2864


Dennis and Haden got me a couple of roses for Mother's day and they have been blooming like crazy all summer!  They're still full of buds, but ummmm, SNOW!  Yep, we had snow - October 12th - that's the earliest we've ever had snow.


lc2866


One of our little potted flowers on the back patio where I spent most of the summer blogging.


lc2862


There're some flowers in the woods across from our house too.


lc2863


Well, there isn't now, but there was last month when I snapped these.


lc2869


And many kinds of fungus.


lc2868


Doesn't this look like some sort of sea coral?


lc2870


I see this as a spiral staircase.


lc2871


A bugle. Wonder what sound it would make.


lc2872


An orange on a stem?


lc2867


A Ferris wheel for ants.


lc2873


And a fairy's umbrella.

13 comments:

  1. Oh Lisa, I LOVE the mushroooms/fungus shots! And that you named them!! They are FAB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa you are a really awesome photographer! I must say it again. These are just amazing. The color! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So incredibly beatiful you'r photos are .

    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the last one. So pretty. I can't believe you had snow! Jealous. We are chilly here and have our first frost warning for tomorrow morning...Goodbye summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those mushrooms are so beautiful. Snow? It's going to be a long winter for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SNOW!!! WOW!!!

    Awesome photos Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh hang on tight to all the beauty. we had frost and all our summer beauties are now black.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa, you have shared some of my favorite things! Fungi and flowers. Your photos are wonderful and the mushroom you said looks like coral well I do believe it is a coral mushroom. And the spiral staircase on the teal tree, wow I so enjoyed all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful and creative post and visual journey! I thoroughly enjoyed it, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe you're getting snow already. We have had some cold temps but no snow yet. I actually look forward to one good snow that allows me and my family to go out and play. After that I can do without. Your pictures are great as always. I love that pink flower and the fungus/ mushrooms. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought I was the only one who found fungi interesting photo material. Clearly I was mistaken. These are marvelous!

    ReplyDelete