I’m really slow getting this meme done. Funny thing is I volunteered to do it, Betty (A Glimpse into Midlife) got me my 5 words right away, yet it took me two weeks to get around to completing! I’m SO bad!
1. Thanksgiving - My dad’s birthday is near, sometimes on, Thanksgiving, so I can’t think about turkey without thinking of him - lol. Often, we will make a trip to Missouri and spend the holiday with my parents and grandparents, but this year we’re staying home. I am hoping to have a houseful of kids.
2. Cleaning - I’ve been running around cleaning and organizing like it’s spring instead of fall. My dogs even benefited from this burst of cleanliness - I’m not so sure they’re happy about it though.
3. Savings - I save everything - well I used to, I guess my natural tendency would be pack rat but my hub’s tendency is minimalism, so not much gets kept.
4. Presents - Birthdays. Christmas, Celebrations. I love giving presents but I’m horrible about making decisions about what to get people. I love to get presents too, but I think the best ones are ones given for no reason, the just because gift.
5. Parents - They live 700+ miles away - my fault, I moved, and I often feel guilty for that - although I love where we live and really do not want to move back to MO, I do miss them and wish we lived closer together so we could help out when they need it, and vice versa. I feel bad that they just have my grandparents near them, and all their grandkids are up here, and great-grandkids - just wish we all had more time together.
If you’d like to play along, just leave a comment and I’ll send you your own set of five words.