Saturday, June 7, 2008

Wind Cave National Park - South Dakota

_MG_3309.jpg


We didn’t make it to Jewel Cave but we did take the time to take a tour at Wind Cave National Park. Before our tour started we walked around above the cave a bit and I poked my nose in some flowers while some birds tried to poo on me. I don’t have a clue what kind of South Dakota birds these were, but my guess is an Oriole and a Warbler?


t36


t39


t40


t42


This reminds me of adeformed orange sea turtle, saying hi, but. . .


t41


It’s just some sort of evergreen eating fungus.


t48


t43


t44


t45


t46


t47


t65


t66


t67


t68


t69


Yellow-breasted Chat


t50


I took a few photos in the cave just for practice. But really, a cave, in photos, just seems like a rock. Still, I’ll share a few.


t52


t54


Wind Cave is extremely long, miles of maze but we just went through a portion of it. It doesn’t have stalagmites or stalactites but it does have lots of a formation called boxwork.


t56


t53


I think our guide called these some kind of popcorn.


t55


By the way this area shines I think there’s gold in that there cave.


t57


Some sort of teeth formation, sabertooth, tiger tooth, something.


Do you have any idea how we got into and out of the cave? Take a guess. It is two different ways. One way to get in and another way to get out.


t70


t71


t73


Cool, a Buffalo. What?! You wanna go closer?


t72


Well this is as close as I get after I heard that buffalo can run up to 35 mph. See that gleam in his eye? And he has teeth in that open mouth and I hear he bites too. He looks like he might get up soon, see ya!

2 comments:

  1. Makes me wish I had been there with you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] cave a bit and I poked my nose in some flowers while some birds tried to poo on me. I don??t havehttp://lisaschaos.com/2008/06/wind-cave-national-park-south-dakota/Jewel Cave National MonumentJewel cave National Monument, Custer Hill City south dakota hotels [...]

    ReplyDelete