Saturday, September 25, 2010

flooding

092510


I promise it wasn't me. I did not cry so much that I flooded several cities and my favorite park.   I have never seen so much water, the Wisconsin River overflowed her banks and made people evacuate.  This little bridge usually only has a small amount of water flowing under, barely enough to mention, yet today, the water covers most of the park.  It's a great day to grab some brightly colored boots and go splashing through puddles!  Or if you prefer, it might be possible to catch some fish from the parking lot.
~ You can see the explanation behind this project by going here or see the all posts in this category by going here.

6 comments:

  1. We crossed the Wisconsin River Sunday on our way to Madison and it was really high. My husband and I both said that there's got to be flooding somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just awful...so many people's homes and belongings destroyed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I was once in a flood myself and it was just awful! I love the pic though. It is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were in Cedar Rapids when it flooded. It was awful. I was pregnant at the time and the smell just permeated everything. Luckily we were way away from the river so it didn't bother us technically at all, except of course the devastation and loss of water treatment and all of that. What I mean is our belongings weren't bothered.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet the ducks are loving it! :) Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't had rain boots since I was a little kid and now you've made me yearn for them! Beautiful bridge ...

    ReplyDelete