Sunday, February 27, 2011

fresh snow

022711

The snow encompasses everything, making the world silent and still.  It calms me and rushes me back to those chemo days - seems it snowed every time I had another treatment.  I am so thankful to still be here, and to be through with it!

~ You can see the explanation behind this project by going here or see the all posts in this category by going here.

IMG_9828

We got a little more snow yesterday. Seems the piles just keep getting bigger. I really do love snow! But, even I am pretty ready for spring to come. Maybe we'll be able to grill out again soon?

IMG_9827

Last winter we learned to take the top off the gazebo so the snow doesn't pile up and break the support bars, yeah that was fun. You think we could have a picnic? Well since we're still having to shovel paths for the dogs I'm guessing not.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so ready for a picnic!! Maybe in a month or so. It got up to 32 today, I think that means that spring is finally on the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do remember that stillness that you can feel out in the new fallen snow. When it's quiet like that, you can hear yourself breathe and it seems like you're the only person in the world. Boy, I hope you get to BBQ soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a winterpicnic when the sun shines warm and you've brushed the snow of the seatings, that would be nice:-)
    what I can se you have almost as much snow as I have.... and I showel paths for my dog to :-)

    ReplyDelete