Saturday, December 11, 2010

the Bridge sooc #27

DSCF1840


The Going to the Sun Road has spots you can pull over, shed the car and walk some paths. There was barely light left but off we went.

DSCF1838


I just love waterfalls! Shortly after passing under the road we came upon this one.

DSCF1841


A little further down the path we came up this bridge - scary! I'm not fond of bridges.

DSCF1842


And another waterfall! We had it all to ourselves, having passed many people leaving the area before darkness, lol. We were trying to cram as much as we could in before night because the forecast was continual rain for the next day.

DSCF1845


I did pause on the bridge for a shot, only shaking a little.

Murrieta365

14 comments:

  1. It is a scary bridge - luckily it is not too long and has a handrail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful site to explore. Could it be in Colorado?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shots! Waterfalls are wonderful finds and thankfully the foot bridge was not too high!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glacier is such a beautiful place. Fabulous shots of the waterfalls and bridges. (I love bridges!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what an experience. I would love to go there. Now, I will have to save my pennies, even if it takes years!! I love the bridges. Although, I probably would not like the girls walking across them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great walk with some lovely photographic opportunities. I'm not sure I'd want to cross that bridge either!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That wooden bridge is a little scary, but my kids would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice scenerys, lovely old bridge. Seems it's a very pleasant place for walks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. don't you just love having a place all to yourself? that waterfall is incredible. bridges don't scare me to bad unless it's unstable. i love swinging bridges. glad you had a nice time. hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like the kind of walk that invigorates and puts you right back to where Mother Nature wants you... humble and in awe!!! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. stumbling upon a waterfall is one of the most exciting parts of hiking in my opinion.
    such power and beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are much braver to cross that bridge than I could ever be!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks like such fun! My family loves to camp and seeing this picture gets me in the camping mood!

    ReplyDelete
  14. There is something so appealing about these bridges. They look so mysterious and adventurous.

    ReplyDelete