Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thankful for Cashew Chicken

lc3242


I would be even more thankful for Cashew Chicken if I could get it outside of Missouri. As it is, every time I go to Missouri I must eat it. Sure, Cashew Chicken is on the menus at most Chinese places but it is not made the same at all. Usually it's a stir-fry kinda thing, but the one I like is a sweet and sour kinda thing, just a different sauce.  Usually the sign advertises it as "Springfield Cashew Chicken" - wonder why after all these years it hasn't caught on elsewhere.  All they would have to do is add a second sauce (an oyster sauce) to their bar.

lc3241


I'm not a big fan of onions so I leave them off. Yum!!


Make it yourself- recipe here.


14 comments:

  1. Yummy! I´m so hungry right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EXCUSE ME! I am supposed to be a veggie supporter! Ahem... can you sneak me some of that? Seriously...I want some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. It's 8 in the morning and NOW I'm hungry. But the pictures are great - just not edible - more's the pity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cashews... I LOVE cashews! This looks really good...I don't eat meat anymore, but I can still appreciate how flavors and cooking go. My hubby would love this though... Gosh, I'm hungry too... LOL! Happy Weekend to you all, Lisa :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is one o'clock here in Illinois. I must be hungry. Quess I better go eat something after commenting. This recipe for Cashew Chicken looks and must taste so delicious. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you.
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That's look nice. Can i have a plate too? ;p

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE..LOVE...LOVE Cashew Chicken! Gorgeous photo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd be thankful for a plate of that too! Looks yummy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're making me hungry!! Time to warm up the chilli con carne I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Meh. I'm more a fan of Hunan... well, anything actually. I like spicy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was just saying the other day I've got to learn to fix some of those yummy dishes.
    We enjoy some Thai food that I would love to cook up in my kitchen. (ya know.. the stir-fly and the pictures of water I posted a few weeks ago. snort)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I live in Alabama, and we used to have a little Chinese restaurant here that served Springfield Cashew Chicken. It was so delicious and you're right, the other type is different (and to my thinking, not nearly as good). I definitely prefer this version (unlike you, though, I LOVE the green onions sprinkled on top!). Sadly, the restaurant closed some years ago, and I've never been able to get it at another Chinese restaurant here or anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete