Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Pur water

For the last few years we've had a Pur faucet filter on our kitchen sink, our old house had a whole house filter, but this one does not. The first one we bought was the cheapest one and after about a year of use, it began to leak around where it joined the faucet, so we bought the next one up. I really liked that one because it also had a little light telling me when to change the filter and you just flipped a switch for filtered water instead of the flipping the whole filter.

Well, around Thanksgiving, after about a year of use, it started leaking - truthfully it had been leaking a small amount for a while, but it became unbearable. I tried taking it off and using some plumber's tape but it didn't help. I was getting more and more frustrated with it and ticked that I would have to buy yet another filter.

So I went to the Pur website and filled out a support form. I was frustrated that the form pulled words I had typed and suggested answers for me, I had to click yet another button to say that, "no the suggested solutions did not help me and yes I wanted to submit my query". Shortly, I had an email offering more answers and I had to once again click if I still wanted to submit or Pur would consider it solved.

Well I was about ready to just go with Brita, but I clicked the submit it button yet again, silently fuming. A short time later I had a response in my inbox. While the person did not technically answer my inquiry of they are only meant to last a year, they did promise to send me a coupon. At this point I felt better, I did not know what the coupon would entail but I decided to hold off on my switch to Brita until the coupon was in hands, "within 3 weeks".

Tick-tock, tick-tock, a mere 3 days later I received an envelope in the mailbox from Procter and Gamble.

lc3206


I did a little happy dance!  And with my coupon I was able to get the nicer faucet filter that also holds flavors.  Do I use flavors?  No, but that's not the point!  No more leaky faucet and P&G took care of me, even if the whole process was a little tedious.

19 comments:

  1. i love when that happens. i once emailed a basketball hoop company about how to fix the backboard. 24 hours later a whole new backboard showed up at the door. at no cost. no shipping. just a note saying how sorry they were that i had to wait!!! customer service makes me glow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll keep this in mind. We use a Pur, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every once in a while you hear a story like this that just restores your faith in humanity. Or at least your faith that somebody gives a rip about the customer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WooHoo! I like when companies take action.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How kewl ... and good for you! My sister has this kind of persistence while I tend to give up on such things. The same kind of thing happened to me with my Pur product a few years back and I ended up tossing it. Sigh! Now I buy bottled water at a local water store. I remember laughing when these stores first came on the scene ... how things change.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that was worth the initial frustration! Glad you hung in there and glad P&G showed some decent customer servie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope it lasts for more than a year. If it doesn't - do let us know!

    ReplyDelete
  8. glad that they followed up and that you were provided a replacement item.
    a good thing.
    have a wonderful weekend lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  9. mine leaks. dang.
    I've had it quite a while - I think it's the 2nd unit we've installed. Probably just gets old and leaks. just like me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's the little things like this that just make your day. Yay! for doing a happy dance.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My last experience with P&G was a negative one.... soooo, I try very hard to boycott buying their products. I'm glad they did right by you though...

    Di
    The Blue Ridge Gal

    ReplyDelete
  12. You seem to be having a nice experience, enjoy it to the hilt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A dance with a water coupon ..... LOL
    Interesting story !!

    Have a wonderful weekend ...

    (@^.^@)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, great to hear a story like that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well any kind of surprise that brings free stuff... does feel good...

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's really great! I like happy endings.

    ReplyDelete
  17. cool beans. so glad it worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sometimes it pays off to be stubborn! You lucky girl, good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very nice!!! And I have one of those and am starting to get a leak ... I didn't know they had flavor ones or light ones. I might have to upgrade too!

    ReplyDelete