Wednesday, March 23, 2011

the Rendezvouz

DSCF2877

On our way to New Orleans last month we stopped in Memphis for dinner. Dennis couldn't pass up the chance to have some BBQ, can you blame him? I don't do bbq, but I was sure I could find something to eat.

DSCF2878

DSCF2843

Only in Memphis can you find rib bones just hanging out on the sidewalk.

DSCF2880

DSCF2881

DSCF2883

Dennis got some ribs -they do look tasty.

DSCF2882

I got some chicken, it was pretty tasty. You can probably figure that I don't do baked beans either, lol. I did try the southern coleslaw - it was interesting, very different from what I'm used to.

DSCF2884

DSCF2885

5 comments:

  1. Looks very good to me Lisa! I've never been to Memphis...think I will put that on my list!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are quite the travelers! I'm not big on bbq or ribs either, but I'd give them a try if I were in Memphis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like fun! I've never been to Tennessee. Everything looks tasty and I love the rib bone just laying on the sidewalk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy, my mouth is watering already...We are heading to Texas next month and I can't wait to have some good southern BBQ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am all about good ribs! And I love the dry rub type (rather than the smothered in sticky sauce stuff). YUM!

    ReplyDelete