Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Bruneau Dunes State Park

I felt like a rabbit in the briars while following the trail to get to the dunes.

Bruneau Dunes State Park boasts the tallest single-structured sand dune in North America with a peak rising 470 feet above the surrounding desert floor.

While climbing to the top it kept getting steeper and steeper until I was crawling.

While taking a step forward the sand was so loose that my foot almost went back to its original position.  Progress was made inch by inch.


This is my first view from the top.  Notice how at the end my prints are all washed away, the sand was so loose.




3 comments:

  1. I have never been there. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a trek up those dunes you made. I've never been here but I have visited the Oregon Sand Dunes and really enjoyed them. You got some great shots of these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very interesting... I would love to put a sled under my butt... and race down it

    ReplyDelete