Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Little town

DSCF4095

Haswell, Colorado is one of those towns that if you blink you'll miss it, but if you do blink, trust me it is still there. The post office looks freshly painted and well kept, but the building right next to it, is falling down.

DSCF4097

IMG_1203

A girl rides a horse slowly by the road sign graveyard.

IMG_1208

Hey pretty singing yellow flower, warble to me. :0)

DSCF4098

I'm not so sure of this, I thought we saw the smallest one in Wyoming last year.

DSCF4096

IMG_1214

Some cutie little flycatcher?

DSCF4103

IMG_1218

Not sure what this long nosed fellow is.

IMG_1220

The road goes on forever.

DSCF4108

5 comments:

  1. oh, those are neat shots!!

    I think that's a scissor-tailed flycatcher - maybe a female or young one as the tail doesn't appear to be real long. and i think the bird with the curved beak might be a Meadowlark - maybe a western one since we get eastern variety here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You captured this rugged town wonderfully...love that old gas station w/ the broken windows...it speaks volumes! I love going to far away places with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous scenery! Wowzers. Love that building that is falling down. I would love to sneak in there to take photos but it looks life threatening!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great captures of this little town, Lisa. I love the endless road shot, between the two birds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the shots of the roads leading to....wherever the fantasy takes me it feels like

    ReplyDelete