Thursday, June 28, 2012

Wisconsin potatoes



20120628-121438.jpg

Did you know that Wisconsin produces a lot of potatoes? I didn't either before I lived here. I'm sure doing my part to eat them, lol. I love potatoes!!! And, I already knew they are good for me if I don't fry them or load them up with butter an such. A simple baked potato minus any extras is the best!!

But, I thought it was funny that pictured behind the "skinny vegetable" facts were: hashbrowns, tater tots, fast food french fries, potato chips, creamy potato salad, and mashed potatoes - - not "skinny" ways to prepare them.



20120628-121334.jpg

It makes me think of that high fructose corn syrup commercial stating that it's no worse for you than sugar, your body thinks sugar is sugar, but, neglecting to say that they are both bad for you.

1 comment:

  1. Bad for us, yes. But SO GOOD!

    I don't think I could completely give up my potatoes.

    ReplyDelete