In no particular order:
- People here are friendlier than Wisconsin. It was a shock when I moved to Wisconsin that no spoke as they passed, no one held a door and no one said thank you if I held the door for them. I felt very alone. I already don't feel lonely here as everyone chats, holds doors, etc. I feel so happy to be seen, and not looked past!
- Gas is higher, no surprise really.
- WalMart has self-checkouts. That's all I used back home so I was really worried about it, lol.
- Food is cheaper, even eating out.
- Rent is higher.
- There are mountains to the left of me, mountains to the right and I enjoy seeing them standing above me. I love watching the sun glow behind them while I wait in shadows for the light.
- After living in Central time zone my entire life it may take a while for me to quit waking up at 4 am - I hope soon as light isn't here until 8ish.
- I saw a watermelon honor stand - we had many self-pay, honor, places back home so am very happy to see that too. :)
- Hewlett Packard is here.
- Scentsy is here.
- They have never heard of French Dressing - at least the lady at Smashburger hasn't.
- Lots of cigarette shops and signs about vaping and vapors - label me clueless - although believe it's electric cigs they speak of.
- While looking for a house we discovered we didn't like the looks of Nampa or Star, but did like Eagle and Meridian.
- They've planted so many trees, even on parking lots, that it's hard to see what stores are there, lol.
- Roses and other flowers are still blooming.
Overall, I do like it here, it is way busier than I am used to but I think I can adjust, and I miss family.